Yen Plus NOT!

Ding-dong! DEAD-dong! Class is about to start, and you don’t want to be late on your first day of school! Join new student Tsugumi Harudori in the NOT class at Death Weapon Meister Academy, a school dedicated to training transforming Weapons like Tsugumi and the Meisters who will wield them. Tsugumi is super-nervous about enrolling at DWMA—and even more anxious about choosing her p-p-partner! Featuring an all-new group of students as well as a few familiar faces, Atsushi Ohkubo’s SOUL EATER NOT joins the lineup in this month’s issue of Yen Plus!
But that’s not all the news we have for you, dear readers. It’s Comic Con time, and you all know what that means…
Soul Eater Not is but the first of our NEW LICENSE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

First up, Yen Press is thrilled to be bringing two graphic novel adaptations from a pair of powerhouse #1 NYT bestselling authors to the pages of Yen Plus in the coming months!

• THE INFERNAL DEVICES by Cassandra Clare, art by HyeKyung Baek
    This prequel to Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series, The Infernal Devices is the story of Tessa Gray, a sixteen-year-old American girl traveling alone to Victorian London who runs afoul of the city’s sordid supernatural underworld. Rescued by the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, Tessa quickly finds herself caught up in an intrigue that may very well destroy her new friends – including the two enigmatic young men, Jem and Will, who have taken her under their wing…
  • DARK-HUNTERS: INFINITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    Yen Press will be releasing a two-volume adaptation of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Chronicles of Nick series, a prequel to the immensely popular Dark-Hunter novels. A young, streetwise Nick Gautier meets Dark-Hunter Kyrian of Thrace, who shows Nick a world of vampires, demons, and zombies far more dangerous than the mean streets of New Orleans. A must-read for existing fans and those new to the supernatural world of the Dark-Hunters!

Look for The Infernal Devices and Dark-Hunters: Infinity in bookstores Fall 2012!
Aaaaand…

• ALICE IN THE COUNTRY OF HEARTS art by Soumei Hoshino, story by Quinrose
    Take heart, Alice fans! Yen Press will be releasing the COMPLETE Alice in the Country of Hearts series in June 2012 as three omnibus editions each collecting two volumes of the original series!
  • THE DISAPPEARANCE OF NAGATO YUKI-CHAN story by Nagaru Tanigawa, art by PUYO, characters by Noizi Ito
    This spin-off takes place in the world of the “Disappearance” arc of the Haruhi Suzumiya novels, focusing on the high school life (and romance!) of a tentative and bashful Yuki Nagato quite unlike the one you’ve come to know and love through the usual exploits of the SOS Brigade…but no less charming!
  • UNTIL DEATH DO US PART story by Hiroshi Takashige, art by DOUBLE-S
    Haruka is a young girl with precognitive abilities that allow her to predict the future with incredible accuracy. Unfortunately, these powers have made her a target for greedy corporations. Haruka uses her power to seek the one who can offer her protection, singling out Mamoru Hijikata, a blind man whose inability to see belies his skill with a sword!
  • PUELLA MAGI MADOKA MAGICA story by Magica Quartet, art by Hanokage
    Madoka had always thought magic was the stuff of her dreams…until she encounters an unreal cat-being at her totally normal school! The cat offers her a choice — Will Madoka become a Puella Magi in exchange for her dearest desire?
  • That’s it for new licenses…this time! We hope you are as excited as we are for the year ahead!

Bob Smith

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SOul Eater Not and finally a rescued tokyopop manga…
now if only deadman wonderland was released, or a soul eater speedup

Hiera

Wow, Madoka, Madoka, Madoka <3333
Thank you, Yen Press!
…but still not Umineko. Maybe next time…?

Caitlynn

Alice in the Country of Hearts AND Madoka, best news ever! I already have the Tokyopop releases of Alice but I’ll definitely be buying all 3 of your omnibus editions! (Next you should license Seikon no Qwaser)

kelakagandy

Bless you, Yen Press, for picking up Alice in the Country of Hearts. I for one will be double-dipping for the whole series as opposed to only the final omnibus~ 😀

Kohii

Moetards and bookworms rejoice! YP has gotten a little something for everybody. As a moetard myself, I’ll be getting Madoka and Yuki-chan. Will go great with my Madoka LE’s, nendroids, and my Madoka and Homura figures (when they arrive). You guys are the best. As long as you keep publishing stuff that I like, I will keep supporting you. Don’t ever go Tokyopoop on us, YP!

The Mad Manga Massacre

Yay! Until Death Do Us Part! 😀 Will we be seeing more information on the details of the releases for this, The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan,and Puella Madoka Magica in the near future?

Anon

***HOLY CRAP YES!!!!!*** I’ve been wanting every one of those four licenses!!!
Thank you so much, everyone at Yen Press– you are *awesome*!!!!! 😀

Cholisose

Definitely going to keep those Alice in the Country of Hearts omnibuses in mind. That’s a very fun shoujo.
I’ve heard good things about Until Death Do Us Part, so I may have to check that one out.
And good job snagging the Madoka manga. I imagine that will be quite popular, especially with the anime being released soon as well.

Keenan

yay for soul eater not, yuki-chan and alice! i watched the first 3 eps of madoka online and i really didn’t like it, so i’ll pass up on that one.
now waitin for oreimo, durarara, korezom, and baka and test light novels, as well as squid girl and aqua/aria! 😀

Mikashi

YESSSS.
*sees Until Death Do Us Part*
You guys got UDDUP! I. LOVE. YOU! /happily cries.
And even Madoka? Swweeeeeet.
Still no Bitter Virgin yet…but I guess I can dream >.>;…
Maybe someday…right guys?
/shot.

Richard J.

Extremely pleased by the Madoka pick up and the Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan. Would love to see more Higurashi announced and Umineko.

Matt

I always like to hear about new titles, and even rescued titles if they were good. But, I keep wishing YP would pick up ‘Unbalance X Unbalance’ 🙁

Morgan

ALICE!!! YES! And apparently Seven Seas will have the sequel? This is amazing. ^_^
I also just Google’d UNTIL DEATH DO US PART, and it looks amazing! Very excited for that as well.
And I’m glad to see Soul Eater Not here as well, though it feels like I already knew you’d have that, somehow. ^_^;

BAnna

Madoka, Nagato Yuki, and Alice? This is why Yen Press is my absolute favorite manga publisher of all time. Way to go!

Missy

Seriously crying tears of joy–so happy you picked up Alice. I’d also love it if you gave Maid-Sama and Future Diary a go too…. 😀

FH14

Madoka Magica YUS. But does this only cover the three “Madoka Magica” volumes or have you licensed “Oriko Magica” as well?

My_Nick

You are forgiven for not release Umineko yet just because of… MADOKAAA MADOKAA MAODKAD MAODKADMAODADKAODMA
Thx YenPress *___*

Tratious

WOO Until death do us part finally, hey Yen try and get Ubel Blatt and Deadman Wonderland too

C. Ellis

Wow. Lots of great news. 😀
Do you have artists attached to your adaptation projects yet? If so, I’m sure we’d all love to know who they are. All of your novel to manga adaptations so far have been pretty stellar. I can’t wait to see more.
Please keep up the great work, Yen Press. 🙂

UltraSky

Thank YOU! THANK YOUU!!!
Even though, i’m a light novel reader, but those are a definitely something I would love to have in my bookcase!
Totally grabbing them!
You have totally made my day, Thank you Yen Press ^o^

Seizon Senryaku!

really excited for Puella Magi Madoka Magica! and i’ll be getting Alice in the country of Hearts as well! hopfully we will also have Mirai Nikki added soon hmm? 😉
still some great choices there yen Press! Puella Magi Madoka Magica is sure to do great! and Alice was already was one of tokyopop’s best sellers. I havent read the others so i cant comment on them.

Amy

I’m glad that something of Tokyopop’s was license rescued! I’m holding out for Future Diary now. 🙂
and uminekouminekoumineko

Emeraude

NO WAY!! PMMM!! *dies* and Until Death do Us Part!! Amazing, thank you, YP!! <333
Same with Soul Eater NOT!! And Yuki-chan!! And ALICE!! Trust me, us Alice fans are truly grateful!! *^_^* Great licenses YP!! Keep it up!! Now if only you could rescue some CLAMP titles, Shakugan no Shana LN, Sola, and/or Rozen Maiden, my life would be complete.]
Anyway, thanks YP. These are really great titles. <333

Firechick

I hope Yen Press releases the final volume of Alice BEFORE releasing the Omnibus editions. My friend is an avid fan and has all five Tokyopop-released volumes.
YAAAAAAAY!!! MADOKA!!!!!!! Yen Press, you seriously just keep getting better and better! I LOVE YOU!!!

seny

I might get the Alice omnibuses. I never got the TP one’s so. Glad fans will finally have the complete series now.

seny

btw can’t we have otome youkai zakuro? Dx Maybe it’s not very popular but I think it’s really sweet.

Exi

Whoo! The Heart no Kuni no Alice series, PLUS three of the Clover novels? I can’t wait! I hope it goes over well. I’d love to see more of the Clover/Heart/Joker novels. ^^

Pom Rania

UDDUP is one of my favourite manga series! I’m just wondering, will you get the licenses for the various Aegis and Jesus series-es too? They cross over in later volumes, and they’re pretty awesome as well.

Excited

Yen Press, I have always loved you but now I love you more.
Infernal Devices graphic novel, Dark Hunters graphic novel, Alice in the Country of Hearts and Madoka. Win. -Starts to save money-
I haven’t been buying Manga for the past 2 years (I got 950ish and ran out of room) but this line-up will defiantly start me again X)

Kevin

Hey since Soul Eater Not! is out, you should speed up the original series since there are some spoilers.

Anya

OMG!!!! i LOVE YOU GUYS! awesome releases! all of them!
now to be perfect, you should license Song of the Doll, by the author of Magical JxR. Its the rival of bride of the water god and has been receiving so many good reviews.
anyway, thank you so much!!!

Ariane

AWESOMEEEEEEE! Aliceeeeeee~~~
i hope in the future to see also, another mangas like Karneval, Are you Alice, Shiro Ari… all based in Alice in wonderland.
im so happy that you picked Alice. i could cry now!

Gina

You should also rescue the manga ‘Orange Crows’. D: It’s another book that was trapped with Tokyopop, and there’s only been 1 volume since 2007…
It’s such a great story with beautiful art, so I think that if Yen Press took it under its wing, it’d fare much better than it had when the first volume was published.

Tran

Glad about Soul Eat Not!
Alice has got my hopes for a Gakuen Alice license (oh please, please, please~!)

Nedda

Thank you for picking up Alice! I can finally know the ending.. definitely buying them all instead of just the last one though!! XD

Matt

Hell Yes!!! Soul Eater Not!, Alice in the Country of Hearts, Madoka, and Until Death Do Us Part! Nom Nom Nom Nom

JP

Thank you so much for picking up Yuki-chan! Looking forward to that for a long time as I love the other Suzumiya titles!
Also, UNTIL DEATH DO US PART, seems really interesting…I will be looking into that one as well.
Thank you for picking up the TokyoPop title as well…hopefully this is a trend of more to come…keep the great work!
Loved seeing you at ComicCon!

Oveneise

You guys are going to publish Nagato-Chan? THANK YOU SO MUCH! I’m really enjoying the Haruhi-Chan books as it is – love the artwork and humor. Thank you Yen Press!

Tsuki

OMG its so “WOOOOW” realy i`m so happy about all the new titels from YP!! > w < uuuuuh yuki-chan! i`m from Germany and so i`m so happy to can buy it all. a big THANK YOU to Yen Press !!^^

Marina

YEN PRESS
YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
I’ve been waiting so long for Until Death Do Us Part! And you guys saved Alice in the Country of Hearts, too! 2012 is going to be an awesome year, especially with you guys releasing Olimpos! Also very excited for the Infernal Devices! You guys are truly the best~ :’3
Keeping hope that you guys will license Amatsuki or Karneval someday. ;u;

LKK

Is it possible to add a Remember Me function to the Yen Plus login page? Logging in every time I want to read the magazine is annoying.

nichtejager

Until Death Do Us Part!!! Thank you!! *happy dances* All time fav seinen series! Now I’ll have the books in English to go with my import copies – just PLEASE don’t take ages and ages to bring out all the volumes, it’s otaku torture…

ciaobuu

thank you so much for licensing the beautiful madoka manga you guys are awesome
though
i still want my umineko manga… and baccano light novel license

Auranel

Awesome to see you guys picking up Tokyopop series! My life would be complete if you would be able to license Tsukuyomi Moon Phase. It only had 4 volumes left to go and it’s my ultimate favorite. I think it’d fit in well with your other series.
Other than that, I’d love to see Future Diary and Deadman Wonderland as well!

Thomas

I can’t believe someone finally licensed Until Death Do Us Part — It’s the one manga I’ve been desperately waiting for someone to license, so I can’t wait until you start releasing them! The rest look great too. 2012 is certainly going to be a good year of Yen Press manga.

Jazz

Good releases on all levels. Yen Press is doing a good job by bringing over new and saving manga releases. I believe that an interesting series that Yen Press could bring over is Liar Game. It is a fascinating series with great story telling and tricks. Worth an investment.

Lily

Thank You!!! 8D I am so freaking happy Madoka Magica is going to be published in the US! Can you pick up Deadman Wonderland and Future Diary?
p.s. Do you think you could publish Girlfriends by Morinaga, Miruku (it would be nice to see some more yuri being published in the states).

Phoenix422

Hi! I have a question about the Higurashi series!
You’ve translated and released two of the side arcs, Demon Exposing and Midnight.
I was wondering if you plan to release the Anthology arc, Kataribanashi-hen as well? It’d be great if you did!

Reeny

Thank you VERY much for Madoka and the Alice mangas! I will be picking those up for sure!
If only you would license AiON by Yuna Kagesaki and Tsukuyomi Moon Phase by Keitaro Arima!!
Now RESCUE SOME MORE TOKYOPOP TITLES! PLEASE!!

computerandy9

After I finished watching the Spice & Wolf anime (both seasons) I had to give the novels a try, and i’m glad I did because they are way better then the anime and the anime was awesome. I hope Yen Press continue to publish all 17 of the spice and wolf novels.

Hiera

@Phoenix422
Yay, I agree with you!
Kataribanashi-hen is really good. And Hirukowashi-hen, Saikoroshi-hen and Kokoroiyashi-hen. All Higurashi arcs, if it’s possible.

Mika

MADOKA MAGICA~! YES!!!
Absolutely LOVED the anime! this will be such a big hit here in America, I just know it~! ^^
HOWEVER, I still want more Higurashi and Umineko~!

Queenie-chan

Higurashi and Umineko are amazing series. I suggest picking both of them up (or continuing it, in Higurashi’s case).

Chelsi

I’m EXTREMELY happy to see until death do us part. Mainly because i love that series but i was also contemplating whether to buy the japanese version since there wasn’t an english version. Glad to see it come out in english! That manga deserves warm praise!
BUT!!!
I really wish you could get a license for Top Secret by Reiko Shimizu. I think her work is underrated.

ciaobuu

holy crap ecchi-san just voiced me completely. Fate/Zero is an amazing anime, and the light novels are just gorgeous, and written by the same guy that came up with Madoka.
Please. Do it, along with Umineko and Steins;Gate, they’re godtier and you’re the only guys that I can trust at all when it comes to really great series.

Sarah

Yay!!! I’m so happy you guys picked up Alice <33 thank youu!
Oh and I hate to seem annoyingly random but do you have any news about the talent search? I thought you had said it was going to be an annual thing so I was just wondering, thanks 🙂

Ecchi-San

And if you do publish Fate/Zero, keep the original covers (Seriously).
@ciabuu
Dude, if you enjoy Fate/Zero, for the love of god read the visual novels. Fate/Stay Night is one of the greatest games I’ve ever played (or read?). I’m on the second route, Unlimited Blade Works. Its absolutely fantastic. And yes, there’s a complete translation.

Altaïr

I’ve been waiting for soul eater not to come out in america……… Now I can put it with the rest of my soul eaters…. I just wish they had a site that could link me to the books as oppose to going to a book store or another website that sells them. It would be so much easier…..

cicada

Just saw “Until Death Do Us Part” on RightStuf’s list of upcoming releases – totally excited to see this licensed by Yen Press! Really looking forward to picking it up. Thanks very much!

Ealynn

As me and my writer are already published artists would you have any advise on project submissions?
Would now be a good time as any to submit seeing as you’re on the look out for new talent or would it be too crowded and would you advise to wait a couple of months? Also, would Yenpress prefer to be involved at an early stage of the project (while still working on the first chapter) or would it be preferable for you to enlist a project well on its way (like have the first or first two chapters already finished). It maybe depends how much editorship you prefer to have? Anyway, we’d love to get a bit more insight in this while we prepare for our submission and we still have a lot of variables open that we’d love to discuss with potential publishers to see what kind of publication options would suit the story best and the other way around.

darkangelx

YESSS MADOKA AND ALICE!Alice has been rescued from the emo corner we called “Tokyopop”.
Now all you need to do now is to go and rescue Hetalia Axis Powers! Pretty please?

@Rachel It’s a series called Milkyway Hitchhiking from the creator of One Fine Day, which you might remember from the print editions of Yen Plus. It’s super-cute, and full-color! It will be available in print, we just haven’t finalized a release date yet. Hope you will check it out!

Bobby

MADOKA MAGICA MANGA??? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
Now if you could work out something with J-manga.com and license some of their stuff for printing as actual books, and start with something like SoreMachi manga, and make it so I can buy it at Books a Million, I would be happy.

Jenna

I’m so glad that you guys are picking up Alice in the Country of Hearts. I was so happy when I heard that you were! I have a question about them, though. Do you know how much they’re going to cost?

T. Hotori Fangirl

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!! PUELLA MAGI MADOKA MAGICA!!!!! I loved the anime, and I can’t wait to read the official translation! (I read it on Mangafox when they still had it, and I hated all of the f-bombs in it) I hope that Oriko Magica and Kazumi Magica get translated too, especially the latter. I LOVE KAZUMI MAGICA THE BEST MADOKA MAGICA SPINOFF MANGA EVER!!!

Ruko

I’m happy your publishing DURARARA!! now, (though it’s not said). I think you should publish the light novels too. Those I would definitely buy. Also, it’d be amazing if you license The World God Only Knows and Corpse Party: Blood Covered (’cause I love horror manga like Higurashi x<. Oh, and sorry if I'm asking for alot, but you should also license UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie.and To Love-Ru too! :3

Stefanie

I’m excited about the news that Alice in the Country of Hearts will be picked up and completed. However, I’ll admit that I’ve never been a fan of omnibus mangas. 🙁 They fall apart so easily and as someone who rereads manga several times and keeps them for years to come, I don’t want to worry about pages falling out or the spine having such wear due to size.
Even with the news of having an entire set, I may have to give it a pass.