Polls Aplenty!!

For those of you who may not have seen them, About.com is hosting a series of polls for your favorite manga series of 2009, and Yen has a lot of titles in the running.  Here’s a list of the categories and the Yen nominees:
Best New International Manga (Maximum Ride, Nightschool, and Toxic Planet)
Best New Korean Manhwa (13th Boy, Jack Frost, Pig Bride, Raiders, Sarasah, and Time and Again)
Best New Comedy Manga (GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class)
Best New Shonen Manga (Cirque du Freak, Hero Tales, Nabari no Ou, Pandora Hearts, Soul Eater)
So why not click through and cast your vote for your favorite Yen series?

LKK

I voted. Hardest decision was picking Best New Korean Manwha. (I chose Pig Bride after long debate.) Second hardest decision was Best New Shonen Manga. (Ultimately voted for Pandora Hearts.) My Best New International Manga choice was Nightschool. My comedy manga vote went to a non-Yen choice.

MichaelJ

…I think my voting is biased. I haven’t read everything on the lists. T^T
More incentive to buy more awesome comics!?! XD OTL

Jessica

Pandora Hearts… I don’t even know what to say about that poll. Those are stunning numbers. 61%? O___________O”””””
I voted Maximum Ride, Pig Bride, Detriot Metal City, Pandora Hearts, Leave It To PET, Kimi Ni Todoke, U Don’t Know Me, and 20th Century Boys for each category. ^^

Justin

Well, 2% voted for Future Diary while 58% voted for Pandora Hearts. So it seems like some people disagree with you two. (:

Stuart

I voted Soul Eater(shonen), Kimi no Todoke(Shojo), GA(Comedy), Nightschool(Internation), and finally the hardest one the Korean one I voted for Pig Bride(Take that Katherine Dacy even though I also wanted to vote for 13th Boy, Time and Again, and Raiders T_T)

Fangirl-San

Moyasimon rocks, more people would like it if more people would read it!! AND OMFGGGG NIGHTSCHOOL FTWWWWWWW <3<3<3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nyako Mimi

PANDORA HEARTS! It’s obvious it’s gonna become another manga phenomenon – cause It already is in japan! With a 25ep anime and ongoing manga, I know it’s worthy to be one of the best and well-known manga. Just wait until the series gets going in america!

Solfan

aaaah im so lucky xD it cloes today so i can still vote 😀
for shonen manga i went with Future Diary, sorry guys xD

Ashen

If it’s okay I’d like to ask an off-topic question: Since you guys, Yen Press, have the license for Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning, what are the chances of you also licensing its prequel, Spiral: Alive?
I’m confident the odds of this would be different were it concerning a different title, or one of a company you didn’t have as good or close a relationship with, but I’ve seen sequels/prequels and spin-off series licensed by different companies here in the States before, so I’m wondering if Spiral can avoid that fate.