Highschool of the Dead, Act. 30 now available!

Yesterday marked a milestone in the Yen offices with the publication of HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD, ACT. 30, the latest chapter in Daisuke Sato and Shouji Sato’s zombie extravaganza.  It was our first simultaneous e-book release of a chapter of Japanese content!  (Yes, with the time difference with Japan it might not have been truly “simultaneous,” but since it was the same day, we’re not splitting hairs.)
There are definitely some things we can make a bit more seamless, but on a whole, we’re thrilled with how the whole thing came together and want to thank everyone who’s already lent their support to the creators, to Kadokawa, and to us.  Making more content available to fans like this is a key initiative for Yen Press, and if you’re a fan of manga who wants the material faster and more accessibly in English, there really is no more positive impact you can make than by purchasing the official releases.
The chapter is currently available through the following e-tailers, and we hope you’ll check it out!  In the meantime, we’ll be working diligently behind the scenes in an effort to bring you more manga this way soon.  Stay tuned!
Kurt Hassler, Publishing Director
Click to Purchase: Amazon (Kindle) | Barnes & Noble (Nook) | Google Play | iTunes Bookstore

Makise Kurisu

I’d like to say that I just received my Umineko VOL 2 and the translation is simply amazing. Thank you Yen Press, the quality is great!!! I’ll be buying more of Umineko, thank you very much.

cesar

Thanks you guys for the release,it has been a long time i see any update on this i thought it was cancel but am glad for tjis release

ss

omg iv been waiting for the next chapter for like a year now. so i give u my respects for continuing it

Gman

Truly amazing, great work guys this was the most epic and waited chapter of a manga ever.
I really appreciate this huge effort and keep the good work.
Kindly regards, G.

AlphaPig

Guess we should give up on any chance of the talent search. Sorry to sound like a repetitive loser, but I was really looking forward to this. It’s been soo long with out any word on it. I wish there were more places or site taking work for a contest or search. Is there a way you can point us in the right direction? Because I surely need help…

Blue Bird

Great to see Highschool of the Dead back! Although it may be a bit too perverted to my liking.

Wikiller

thank you very mutch ive been waiting for continuation of HOTD for a long time now i cant wait for anime series season 2 to come out i give you all my support. 🙂 keep up te good work all fans will definetley apreciate

Detrimont

When will the site be updated with all the new licenses, mainly kingdom hearts, seeing as the first two volumes are releasing next month(according to amazon)

Dimintor

This is the best manga i have ever read especially that its story is amazingly thrilling not to mention how much the drawings are greatly clear and easy to read.I am personally looking forward to read the next chapter as soon as possible.I must say that i will be happy if by any possible means 2 or more chapters are published weekly.

Alexander

Woooahh…. This is the best of all Zombie movie….. i really love this anime… Morepower to Yenpress i hope you well continue the next chapter.. Love u guys!!

rachel

I love high school of the dead irs awsome and I have the full colored book 1 I love it and I want the second season to come out I have the first season and I watched it 4 times already keep it up can’t wait

Lambrent

it was a very nice and outstanding manga hope to keep it rolling to the very last 🙂 god bless you guys

Re: Highschool of the Dead new chapters
The exact schedule for the releases of new HOTD chapters has not yet been finalized. As new chapters are published in Japan, we will be releasing them simultaneously, but we do not yet have information on when the next chapter is planned.
It’s great to see so much enthusiasm for the new chapter! We thank you again for supporting HOTD and Yen Press releases!

hackwolfin

@AlphaPig, you can still get a job with yp by summitting/showing them your work. Go to the ‘contact’ page for more info. C:

Richard J.

Oh man, I want to read this but I haven’t read the prior chapters yet (waiting for that color omnibus.) I guess I’ve got to wait anyway since my Mom has my Kindle.

venom

i am glad for this story back..it’s been long time..not published..so i hope this story high school of dead will continue..

Ethan Wuycheck

I just want to thank you i have been waiting for High School Of The Deads return for two years now and to finaly read a new chapter was awesome. i was in McDonaldes when i found out and i scared a few people cause i yelled out “YES OH MY GOD YES” and i got stared at but it was worth it and i can’t wait until the next chapter ^_^

John Walters

Hot diggie dog I been waiting so long that yal made my day! I love guys and thanks a billion trillions:)

Reyneir

Ha Ha the post above mine is worded funny but anyway thanks guys this manga and anime series has made my week thanks and keep up the good work.

dimas

I’m glad, I think this has come to an end, like a movie with uncertain story, hopefully have a good ending to the continuation of chapter 30

Agus Siska

OH…. Thanks, it was a very nice. I read chpater 30, I will wait for the next chap..
Thanks yenpress ^_^

bogals22

FINALLY!!!..after 3 years, the lastest chapter was released!!!..thanks alot..

Jony

Finally!!!! It was so good as a chapter and it has gotten so suspenseful. I question if there will be more frequent releases though? If there is then there will most likely be a surplus of more fans wanting to join the highschool of the dead movement.

julius olan-olan

yes latest chapter is on the go but when is the next chapter i cant wait………

Saeko

When will we be able to read more? I love this manga and I can’t wait to see how it continues.

tania

As previously posted–
Re: Highschool of the Dead new chapters

amikey mike

Cool!!
I like this comic…
Please do not update after a long time, by the way.
I waited ^^’
Keep update!!

Kaizuko

cant wait for the next chapter…
its a year huh.. 😉 but im still happy..
ill be looking forward for the next chapter.. hope it will come out soon..

Tony

Thank you in advance for the up-coming High School of the Dead Omnibus #2! Can’t wait! Yen Press totally rocks!

Reybert

Yes’!!!!!!!!!! FInallY!!!!!!!!!! After years waiting!!!!! Here comes the new one!!! Wohooo please please please update the next chapet ASAP im very mich excited about this 🙂 pls i hopw it wont take years again to publish..

Thelight777

AWESOME SAUSE !!!
THANK YOU FOR UPLOADING THIS, at first i was beggining to lose hope but this new installment relight the fire within my fan fire.
Thank you, thank you, and thank you.
Hope to see more of this in the future. ^^

Jaser

When will be the next act be release ? OMG I am so addicted to this anime because i kinda addicted to zombie movies. This is really awesome co’z it’s a amazing story. XD more ! more ! more !

tania

@Reyn – You would have to ask the people that put the anime out. We just work on the manga! Sorry!

Abee

i’m really waiting for the next chapter, so the anime will keep going too

Uzuki

To the person who asked about Vol. 8, well that’s not coming out for a while (if ever). I don’t mean to be the negative nancey here, but this chapter would be the first Chapter of Vol. 8 so until there’s enough chapters out to fill a volume release (and with the author’s…erratic, schedule) it’s gonna be a while

satoru1

nice!!! thanks a lot for update this manga, keep a good work, we just can cheer you and wait for next chap, or maybe HOTD anime season 2 :p hehe.

Nemesis

Thanks for providing a simultaneous English language digital release. The publishing world is changing rapidly while the world is getting so much smaller with this ability for world wide releases of manga and other printed content.
Can Yen Press provide us fans with any sales info on this digital release, and how much the almost immediate piracy of this content impacts future releases of HOTD, or any manga for that matter.
Can we expect to see a translation of the Daisuke Sato Interview that was printed in the bonus color edition of Act 29 several months ago in Japan.

Nemesis

Any chance we can get an issues that includes a translation of the Daisuke Sato Interview that was printed in the bonus color edition of Act 29 several months ago in Japan.

Saya

UGH! I LOVED IT! I thought it was going to be canceled i kept hearing so many negatives, I was so scared. I’m pretty bummed about them ONLY releasing just One volume , buuuuuuuuuuuut it was worth it. Althou teasers arent nice Please continue!!

Nemesis

Beautiful work, great translation, looks awesome on the iPad.
The color omnibus is also a work of art! Can’t wait for the 2nd edition.

Cùng ch? ??i Manga Highschool of the Dead chapter 31 - Mikuland

[…] Highschool of the Dead chapter 30 ?ã ?ánh d?u s? tr? l?i c?a mình t?i Nh?t B?n và các b?n in c?a chapter này c?ng s?n có v?i ngôn ng? ti?ng anh t? nhà xu?t b?n Yen Press ???c bán t?i các nhà bán l? tr?c tuy?n nh? Amazon (Kindle) | Barnes & Noble (Nook) | Google Play | iTunes Bookstore . Giám ??c Kurt Hassler c?a Yen Press ?ã ??ng t?i m?t l?i nh?n m?ng tung hô cho s? ki?n ?áng nh? này và c?ng khuy?n kích ng??i hâm m? cho l?n phát hành ??ng th?i c? 2 phiên b?n ngôn ng? Ti?ng Nh?t và Ti?ng Anh. Các b?n có th? tham kh?o thêm trên trang yenpress.com. […]

Bob Smith

Have to say, you have kept us waiting 2 years, release a new chapter that leaves us with more questions than answers, then resume the hiatus. Its August, you released this in April. Get in gear, we want more! At least update us on the status of the author.

Anthony

Why would you bring it back and then not publish anything more than one issue?
If it is done then kill it already. If not then publish some more issues.
The fans just want to know!!!!!!!!!

tania

@Anthony – We don’t have any control over the publication schedule of the HOTD chapters; this lies entirely with the Japanese publisher. Believe me, we’re just as excited for the next chapter as you guys!!

kasper504

Thanks very much for your hard work on this series!
@Anthony: You are out of line. Fans should be able to understand that yenpress has nothing to do with hotd’s schedule. We need to be thanking them for their well done job with the series, not criticizing.

Dragoma

I would like to know when chap 31 i coming out like every one ells so if u have a month when it is released i would be glad.
Sincerely: A fan that want the next CHAP 🙂

chan

Is there a date for the next chapter to release please …. i just finished to read all the available chapter

Nemesis

Its unfortunate Daisuke Sato didn’t release more of his story. Fan support has now started to drop after this long wait. HOTD may not survive its own apocalypse.

Nemesis

Just viewed Act 30 using the new iBooks that comes with MacOS 10.9 Mavericks. Amazing how good it looks full screen on a large screen monitor.

Bob Smith

Someone needs to kick Sato into motion. The tsunami is a few years past, he has shown he can draw manga, now he needs to do it. If he does’t want the series to continue (which would be the worst case scenario) at least finish it with a few more chapters to satisfy the fans! Its been 6 months since he released chapter 30, get him back in the game!

Nemesis

“when is ACT 31 be published..?”
@IR: FujimiShobo is the source publisher of HOTD, they would be the company to ask. If you look to one specific human for your answer, the guy holding all the cards would be Daisuke Sato, the author and owner of HOTD who choose to stop writing it a couple years ago.

Nemesis

Just received the 2nd Omnibus, nothing like the smell of fresh ink as you flip through a ‘real’ book. Thanks for including the Daisuke Sato interview, that alone was worth the price of admission.

Tony

YenPress, I just wanted to say… thank you so much for that 2nd color omni of High School of the Dead! It was so awesome! Please pass on my thanks and appreciation to Daisuke Sato sensei and Shouji Sato sensei! I sure hope there’s a third in the works in the next 5 years or so! 🙂 Thank you!!!

Shoimi

Any idea when HOTD chapter 31 is being released? It has been a long time since this last one was released almost a year by the dates of posts here. This is by far one of my favorite manga and i would love to see how this ends. The anime has already ended and it was really disappointing but the manga is just starting to get very interesting.If anyone knows anything about a possible upcoming release would be nice to know

Cyber Distortion

Well from reading the comments here it appears that the author and his motivation seem to be the key problem here. Temper-mentality in an artist is hardly a new thing and not even really unexpected in some of the more brilliant or eccentric ones.

Brandan

@Shoimi its true that the anime ended but they just recently sent out another episode of hotd and it it said to be continued, so i do believe we will be seeing some of the anime even if we dont see more chapters coming out! I’m very excited!

Tezca

Hey dude, iam still waiting for chap 30 ++, until now..
Please keep moving, iam still waiting for this, i support you

darrin bewley

About time…. im in Australia and ive been following this series… I even have the animea on dvd and blu ray….. when is the next chapter and next season coming out guys…. its been too long

Gegap

This will be very interesting, I can not wait to see the second sesaon. I believe there would be a second season though for a long time. This is my favorite anime, QUICK RELEASE SECOND SEASON

Rai

I’m rather upset with whomever is running this series. If you are going to bail on it announce you are bailing on it, if you are going to continue it announce it. But don’t just leave the readers waiting for year at your convenience!

Ruiizu-chan

Yay !! Finally ! I’ve been waiting for hell i know ! T^T Finally ! *O*/

dJamez

chapter 30 was an awesome chapter… its been almost a year.. and im still waiting for the next chpter… please update…
and i jope tjey make a season 2 for the anime…
HOTD is awesome

GoddessOfAllOtaku

I’ve read all of the H.O.T.D Manga Chapters, where’s Chapter 31?? Someone please tell me when it will come out . . . Thanks, This website is helpful (‘o’)

redemption024

@GoddessOfAllOtaku
I guess it’s safe to assume that it’s back on an indefinite hiatus. Don’t know when ch31 will come out.
I really hope they’ll continue this again after they’re done with Triage or whatever other things they have going on. I don’t find that shit interesting at all. I want HOTD now. lol

Redfield

Bring it On Release More of HOTD guys whats that? its been a lot time since the last update..

BLADE221094

Wow!I didn’t know that manga take so damm long 2 release,I’m feeling like drawing my own ending 2 this manga,hahahahahahahahaha!

Al

May 18 2014 and im still here waiting for chapter 31 or hotd season 2 🙁

BLADE221094

Hahahaha!same here,let’s hope we get lucky and get season 2 at least bed its not in the mange owners hands I guess

SonOfShadow

“this is how this anime end
not with a bang, but whimper”
i don’t want someone post that, just because this anime realy end, so please continue this anime

Baka_ai

I really give up this manga. I have waited so looooonggg… but there is no information… blablabla… although HOTD is mainstream but i think many people like it. -_-a

QueenViolet0906

I love H,O,T,D…….. By the way please continue season2 i’ll be waiting no matter what please keep updating us……. And my friend also love this manga………. certified OTAKU….. H, O, D, T <3

NeedMoreHOTD

I just finished reading and watching H.O.T.D. I hope it will eventually continue…anime and manga alike!!

Isa

I can’t wait any more please if anyone can give me any info about HOTD please I’m dying. 2nd season please be released

Scott

I really hope they release these chapters more frequently, I own ever single chapter and the ones that wernt sold as books but as e-books I printed off, I would pay any amount of money for this to go faster I want to see more!!!

erika

thank you so much for the release. I also own all the colored volumes. I love highschool of the dead. If there are any releases soon please let us know. thank you and keep up the good work. 🙂

Murderkittin

Sooooooooo is chapter 31 coming I’m still waiting for it, please don’t forget the fans of HOTD we’ll love the Manga and Anime.

HOTD fan

can’t wait for the next chapter 13.. when can be release the season 2? and the comic episode 31? i really can’t wait.. im so exited to read it.. pls anybody..

Nemesis

Shouji Sato, they guy who Illustrates this manga recently had another of his manga series (Triage X) green lit for an anime. Triage X, which is also sold in the US by Yen Press, was supposed to be just temporary while they all waited for Daisuke Sato to write more HOTD. Now that Triage X has exceeded HOTD in manga acts, and its now going to be an anime, its unlikely HOTD will be brought back, at least not for a long time.

Skyhawk

Amazing the amount of abuse the fans put up with with respect to this series. I checked because a friend told me a new chapter came out and then discovered he was talking about something released over a year ago.
I sold my copies at my sister’s garage sale and dropped it from my read list (well did the latter a while back). No manga is good enough to put up with a crazy mangaka.

kamatu

Heh, this is the first manga that I wanted to buy after not getting enough of the story from the anime, but if the story isn’t finished, but left on a big cliff hanger with no expected date…it is a waste of money to do more than read an online synopsis.
18 months and no news or hint that the group caught in a big fight with possible help coming from the school will do anything. Then there is Shido’s return, what sounds like a nuclear attack and what happened to Takagi’s parents. Well, I guess since we know the status of everyone they were looking for at the start, it is kind of “finished”.

Nemesis

Shouji Sato, the Illustrator of HOTD, recently had another of his manga series (Triage X) green lit for an anime. Triage X, which is also sold in the US by Yen Press, was supposed to be just temporary while they all waited for Daisuke Sato to write more HOTD. Now that Triage X has exceeded HOTD in manga acts and its now going to be an anime, its unlikely HOTD will be brought back, at least not for a long time.
But there is still hope. Shouji Sato has a long-stanging job offer for an illustrator assistant on his web site. If he were to get some help he may be able to get back to HOTD.

david

Its been a long time since the animated was realise
Many HOTD fans will throw such money for the story to be continued
Wish that asami-san’s death will not go to waste
Yen press plsss convince the head to continue it
Its such a wonderful story

shade

this left of in a cliffhanger more than a year ago but I know for a fact this series still has a lot of fans if it were to start up again a lot of money could be made even f its just the manga and not the anime but if the anime was to be released too that would make so much more money

haruka

I’m still waiting for the next chapter :'( it’s been a long long time since the latest chapter..

Marcus

When is your next chapter I love this story but its been like 2 years since you continued it please make more chapters ????

True H.O.T.D. fan

Bring back high school of the dead! Just because some characters look alike from another story doesn’t give you a reason to drop a hit manga and anime! I mean they don’t even mimick each other, they have entirely diffrent story lines! I speak for all of the H.O.T.D. fans out there when I say this.
BRING IT BACK ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

KenKen

I’m still waiting since years ago. got my hopes up and now thrown back to the ground. I want more!

Brian

please make t.v. series of season 2 . I still waiting for the it. H.O.T.D is one of the best anime series i have ever watched.

Bizzler

“Please stop the hiatus and continue HOTD. We have been waiting for almost 3 years now, and still we have not given up on it. We still keep waiting eagerly for the next chapters and season 2 of the anime. So please Daisuke Sato-San, continue making HOTD.”
Please relay this message to the creators of HOTD if possible…

Hades

I’m losing hope for the next chapters.. We(i.e. me and all the fans of HOTD) keep on waiting for the next release. But I’ll keep on waiting and drain every hope I still have for HOTD, ’til there’s none. But please, don’t keep us waiting for too long. I think 3 long years is enough wait for us, please don’t drag this hiatus on much longer, PLEASE, if they don’t plan on continuing HOTD, then please just say so. please don’t let us WAIT in VAIN. Thank you.

Idham

it’s been a looooooooong wait without u, HOTD’a’.
I always wonder when act 31 come out again.
(Sing in ‘See You Again’ tune)

zebedee

Please continue H.O.T.D please.. 🙁 I’ve been waiting so long.. 🙁 its almost a years.. please

Kitty-kun

this is one of a kind story. :/ too bad act.31 is not released yet. :/ and i have a bad feeling that HOTD will be gone forever :'(

Bernnie

I need update now…its 2015 and yet still no update….!i will course the whole of creator of this manga if there’s no update by the end of this year that all of your manga get trash….and don’t fucking miss it…!

Natalia Espiet

Benedy

Please bring HOTD back it one of my favorite anime series. I will not like it to ended like that

Sebastian

What happend for the manga to stop ? Will it come back someday ? Hope yes, it was excellent =)

Jakub K?s (Czech)

Very good manga my best manga ever 🙂 I need continue 🙂 🙂

Mikhail 101

Please continue the highschool of the dead. The story and the characters are so good. I can say that this is the best zombie anime i watch. Please continue and give us an unforgettable ending.

Brandon Ponce

Can’t you please find someone to continue it. I really loved this series there was nothing like it.