Last week at Sakura-Con we made several big announcements including the addition of these popular manga series to our list:
- Akira Hagio’s Sakura no Himegoto: Aoi Narinomiya, the last daughter of a prestigious family, suddenly finds herself the “pet” of the rebellious Kei Katsurai in order to repay her grandfather’s debts!
- Tsuyoshi Watanabe’s Dragons Rioting: After being diagnosed with a disease that makes sexual arousal fatal, and undergoing ten years of self-control training, Rintaro’s about to face his ultimate test—an all girls’ school.
- Izumi Tsubaki’s Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-Kun: When Chiyo-chan decides to finally confess her feelings to her crush, the silent, strong Nozaki-kun, she knows rejection’s on the table…but getting recruited as a shoujo mangaka’s assistant?! Never in a million years!
- Wataru Watanabe’s Yowamushi Pedal, about a team of bicycle racers: The road that lies ahead of a road racer is a long and hard one…but how much harder is it if you’re an otaku?! Join Onoda-kun and Team Sohoku on their race for cycling glory!
- Olympus Knights and Pinakes’s Aldnoah Zero Season One: Years after a great war was waged between those who migrated to Mars and those who chose to remain on Earth, humanity hangs in the ravaged aftermath…
Additionally, as an extension of Yen Press’s digital partnership with Square Enix, we announced that we would be publishing worldwide in e-book format a number of Square Enix titles that have never before appeared in the English-language market. The first e-book titles to be published are:
- Satsuki Yoshino’s Handa-Kun, a spin-off of the popular Bakaramon series: Handsome teenage calligrapher Seishuu Handa is admired by all his peers as the epitome of cool— too bad Handa-kun is really a pessimist who believes everyone hates him. A youthful comedy of misunderstandings unfolds!
- Ato Sakurai’s Today’s Kerberos: The last thing Chiaki expects of a mysterious package from his father is for a girl to pop out—a girl with enough personality for three!
- Dan Ichikawa’s Shut-In Shoutarou Kominami Takes on the World: Loner, coward, and all-around shut-in Shoutarou Kominami opens a care package from his mom expecting the usual. What he gets instead is a note cutting his allowance off! But how can Shoutarou, who hasn’t set foot out of his door in months, set himself up to find a job?!
- Karino Takatsu’s Servant X Service: From the creator of Working!! comes a series full of four panel hijinks in the public service office building of scenic (and fictional) Mitsuba, Hokkaido.
- Tsumuji Yoshimura’s Unknown: Fortune favors the wise, but what happens when too much wisdom falls into the wrong hands? That’s where the “wisemen” come in.
- Chisaki Kanai’s When a Magician’s Pupil Smiles: The story of a boy utterly devoid of emotion who must learn to what is means to feel alive. But he can’t do it alone…
- Higasa Akai’s The Royal Tutor: The precocious Haine is ready to make his debut as a freshly minted royal tutor…but he’s going to have a lot more than tests to worry about, for his four new princeling wards seem intent on testing his patience instead!
- Hanjiro Tsukioka and Hikaru Tanaka’s Scarlet Empire: Souzo Sagara, leader of the Sekihoutai…Kotetsu Miyasaka, Kendo student…Two different lives bound by the red string of fate, by the desire to protect and change the world, will transcend time itself to reveal a tale of the Bakumatsu era and modern youth.
Thanks to everyone who attended the panel on Saturday and came to see us at the booth! To see pictures from the show, visit us on Facebook.